Welcome to our Black and Decker LM175 Review. We hope to provide the information you are looking for.
The LM175 has received an extraordinary amount of positive reviews over a several years and its popularity never seems to wane. Therefore this was always going to be a lawn mower on our review list, and this Black & Decker unit did not disappoint. There is a very good reason for all of those positive reviews.
Black and Decker LM175 Review
Black and Decker have a reputation for producing bright orange lawn mowers (in fact, most
of their branded power tools are this color). So, it was a bit surprising to see one of their most popular lawn mowers in a grass-green color. But don’t let that put you off, this baby mower really does tick some of our traditionally critical boxes.
The LM175 is at the lighter end of the electric lawn mower market, but this does not mean it is weak on power. The 6.5 amp electric motor proved to be very efficient and many customers will be impressed by how quiet it operates (6:00 am lawn mowing is now a reality).
A single lever operates the height adjustment from 1 inch to 3.5 inches and the 18″ cutting blade provides a neat cutting finish.
Even without a self-propel feature, this unit is light and nibble enough to manoeuvre over small to medium-sized gardens. The grass is discharged out of the side, and a small bag is available separately.
- Full Descriptive Title : Black & Decker LM175 18-Inch 6-1/2 amp Electric Mower
- Model : LM175
- Power : 6.5 amp electric motor
- Blade : Rotary
- Cutting Height : 1 inch to 3.5 inches
- Cutting Width : 18 inches
- Propulsion : Push Mower
- Start : Electric
- Grass Collection : Mulching (Side-bag option available separately)
- Weight : 35 pounds
- Warranty : 2 years (Lifetime warranty on deck)
Here is the Black and Decker LM175 in action :
Overall it is a good little mower for the price. Of course, being one of the ‘light-weights’, it is going to have its limitations (don’t expect it to hack through knee height grass). However, if you are prepared to keep your grass relatively short (say no more than ankle height) then this lawn mower will zip round your garden in no time.
Good Points :
- Very light weight and manoeuvrable.
- Value for money.
- No frills simplicity means you can have it running less than 2 minutes from sitting in your arm-chair thinking about cutting the grass.
Areas for Improvement :
- The LM175 mower is going to struggle if your garden is as big as a football field, or the grass is more than shin height.
Other things to be aware of :
- It’s not self-propelled, but at this weight it really doesn’t need to be.
- It does not come with a grass clippings collecting bag. There is one you can buy separately, but it does not hold much (unless you have a very small garden, then you might need to empty it before your run is complete). Black & Decker BA-075 Side Bag Assembly
- As with all cord mowers, you need to keep the lead away from your feet and the cutting blade.
- This is a 6.5 amp motor. If you want something with a little more power, then the same mower is available with a 9 amp motor available called the Black & Decker MM275 18-Inch 9 amp Electric Mulching Mower.
More customer reviews can be seen here.
Best Lawn Mower Review Site awards the Black and Decker LM175 a review score of :
79 out of 100
To buy, or find out more about, the Black and Decker LM175, please click the Amazon image below.
We hope that you found this Black and Decker LM175 Review helpful. Please feel free to leave comments, or pass this information on to your friends using the social media buttons below.