Welcome to our Black & Decker MM875 Review.
The MM875 is another popular model from the Black & Decker stable of quality lawn mowers. But does this live up to all the hype ?
Black & Decker MM875 Review
A single chunky adjustment lever, just above the right rear wheel, ensures that all 4 wheels are raised or lowered at the same time.
The handle is adjustable – although in our experience the adjustments don’t really add much to the height, just the distance from the actual mower. The handle does, of course, fold flat for storage.
Easy to start electrical system, with the wire looping round a hook, on the handle, to make sure that the cord does not pull out when in operation.
You get a mulching box, which goes into the back of the lawn mower, and also a grass bag, which attached easily and securely.
Overall you get a very clean-cut with this electric lawn mower and we would recommend this unit for a small to medium-sized lawn.
- Full Descriptive Title : Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog 19-Inch 12 amp Electric Mulching Mower with Rear Bag
- Model : MM875
- Power : 12 amp motor
- Blade : Rotary
- Cutting Height : 1.25 inches to 3.5 inches
- Cutting Width : 19 inches
- Propulsion : Push Mower
- Start : Simple plug-in and pull lever system
- Grass Collection : Mulch or rear bag
- Wheel Size : Front – 7 inches/ Rear – 8 inches
- Weight : 52 pounds
- Warranty : 2 years
The following video shows the Black & Decker MM875 in action :
As the Black & Decker MM875 Lawn Hog is a corded electrical lawn mower, there are going to be the obvious advantages over, say, a gas mower.
For example, it’s cleaner, better for the local environment, lighter and quieter.
On the down-side, it was never going to have the power of a gas mower. However, it does pack a fair punch, when compared with some of its electrical peers.
Putting the comparing apples with pears aside, we shall just focus on our expectations against the facts for this model.
Good Points :
- We absolutely love the cushioned handle (why can’t all lawn mowers adopt this) AND that the gripping handle is set at an ergonomic angle for each hand. How long the sponge will keep its springiness and comfort is any ones guess, however.
- Eight cutting settings is quite impressive, although some would say that this amount of choice is too much for an average garden.
- Keeping it clean is easy, but also vital if you want to avoid motor burn out.
- Great little cutter. However, in really long, wet grass, you might have to stop and give the underside a bit of a clean before you’ve done.
Areas for Improvement :
- Collecting bag holds about half capacity before overspill starts to occur (some people have reported spiliages after just 1/3rd full.
- We prefer the full bar operating handle, as gripping on just the right side could get a bit tiring for those with a weak grip.
- The fact that it does not self-propel might be an issue if you have a few steep bits to your garden, and even more so if you are collecting wet grass in the bag.
Other things to be aware of :
- Being a corded lawn mower, this immediately brings down the price and the weight. But with those benefits, comes a downside. Remember to keep your feet clear of cord. With our last couple of reviews being either cordless electrical mowers or gas lawn mowers, it’s easy to get a bit tied up – especially with a long extension cord.
To read some more customer reviews click here.
The Best Lawn Mower Review Site awards the Black & Decker MM875 a review score of :
83 out of 100
To buy, or read more about the Black & Decker MM875, please click on the Amazon link below.
We hope that you found this review helpful. Please feel free to leave comments or pass this information on to your friends using the social media buttons below.