Thank you for visiting our Fiskars 6201 review page.
We were aware that Fiskars has patent pending technology for its reel mower system and wanted to see what made this mower better than any of the longer established company’s reel mowers.
Is the technology really that much more advanced ? How advanced can a reel mower be ?
Fiskars 6201 – Product Details
Out of the box, this is easily set up. The comfort-grip handle is adjustable to suit your height.
Fiskars claim that their 6201 model is 60% easier to push than other models thanks to their InertiaDrive system. A common issue with manual reel mowers is that they can easily get clogged up with larger lumps of debris (such as twigs). However, this mower has enough innovative features to blast through such things.
The StaySharp Cutting System, used by the Fiskars 6201, means that there is less of a need to have the blades (of which there are five) sharpened every year or so.
The wheels are deliberately set inside of the blades. This enables lawn cutting to be achieved right up to the edge of fences and other obstacles.
A discharge chute on top of the reel, ensures that the grass cuttings are thrown forward, and not over your feet. A grass bag (purchased separately) will fit on the front of the mower to collect the grass clippings.
This push mower is not troubled by certain types of grass. It can cope with even the toughest of varieties, again thanks to its superior blades and cutting system.
To see a demonstration of the Fiskars 6201, please click on the video below.
- Full Descriptive Title : Fiskars 6201 18-Inch StaySharp Max Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Model : 6201
- Power : Manual push mower
- Speed : N/A
- Blade : 5 blade Reel (StaySharp Cutting System)
- Cutting Height : 1 inch to 4 inches
- Cutting Width : 18 inches
- Propulsion : Manual push mower
- Start : N/A
- Fuel Tank : N/A
- Grass Collection : Bag available separately
- Wheel Size : Front – xxx inches / Rear – xxx inches
- Weight : 52.2 pounds
- Warranty : 3 years
Okay, we’ll gloss over the fact that a manual reel push mower is environmentally friendly, cheap to maintain, is quiet, and keeps you fit. They are obvious benefits. Let’s focus on this particular mower.
Good Points :
- This lawn mower is actually easier to use than some power mowers.
- The scissor like cuts certainly prove to leave a better finish than some powered lawn mowers.
- The wheel placements do look a bit odd, but their positioning enables you to mow right up to the edge of your lawn (be that a wall, fence, flower border, or path).
- Easy adjustments to the cutting height with a single lever (usually found on power mowers).
- The ergonomically friendly handle – with foam covering – makes this a very comfortable lawn mower to use.
- The ease in which this mower cuts through the grass.
- The unusually wide range of cutting heights (1 inch to 4 inches), puts this on a par with powered mowers.
Areas for Improvement :
- None : As manual reel mowers go, you’re going to struggle to find anything better than this.
Other things to be aware of :
- As a little tip : To manoeuvre this lawn mower, it is best to lift it onto its back wheels, rather than trying to turn it on all four wheels.
- A grass catcher attachment is available from here : Fiskars 6201 Grass Catcher
There are a lot of customer reviews on Amazon for this product and you can read them here.
We award the Fiskars 6201 a review score of :
95 out of 100
To purchase the Fiskars 6201, or to find out more information, then please click on the Amazon link below.
We are constantly producing more lawn mower reviews. Please enter your email address in the box on the right to be notified of our future reviews.