Thank you for visiting our Recharge Mower PMLI-14 review page.
Being a very light battery-powered lawn mower, we were intrigued as to how a mower with a battery could be so light. It’s also got a smaller cutting width than most lawn mowers. So would it actually perform like a lawn mower should ?
Recharge Mower PMLI-14 – Product Details
The Recharge Ultralite lawn mower is a very easily set up ‘out of the box’ and you will be ready to go in minutes. There is a nice angle setting with the handle which, effectively changes the handle height. The six position single height adjuster is one of the most effective we have ever seen.
The Lithium Ion battery supplied with thus mower certainly has its advantages over lead-acid alternatives :
- They are lighter in weight
- They do not die a slow death as the charge runs down
- They are quicker to recharge
You will get just over half an hour’s worth of cutting from a fully charged battery, but on the plus side they only take 2-3 hours to recharge. Charging can take place whilst the battery in in the unit, or it simply lifts out for external charging. The battery is good for 900 charges (That’s years of operation, even if you use your mower every week of the year).
Spare batteries are available and you might want to pick one up if you have a larger garden (or a front and read combination at your house).
A safety key prevents accidental (or child) start-ups.
Some great little extra features like a battery charge indicator and, more unusually, a ‘full bag’ indicator. An attachable grass collecting bag and a mulching plate are included as part of the package.
If you need to lift a mower anywhere, like up and down stairs, then you really will benefit from this mower and we wouldn’t look anywhere else.
For a look at what the unit looks like close up, then please check out this 10 minute video, where all the features are explained.
- Full Descriptive Title : Recharge Mower PMLI-14 15-Inch 36 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Electric Ultralite Lawn Mower
- Dimensions : L45 x W16 x H41 inches
- Model : PMLI-14
- Power : Advanced Lithum Ion 36 Volt Rechargeable Battery
- Speed : N/A
- Blade : Rotary
- Cutting Height : 1 inch to 3 inches (6 positions)
- Cutting Width : 15 inches
- Propulsion : Push
- Start : 12-Volt safety key and push button start
- Fuel Tank : N/A
- Grass Collection : Mulch / Rear bag
- Weight : 35 pounds
- Warranty : 1 year
If you would like to see the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 in action, then check out the video below.
With its bright colours, plastic casing, and small, light-weight feel, we honestly felt we were reviewing a toy. However, it did not take long for the eco-friendly Recharge Mower PMLI-14 to win us over.
The cut is great but, as with all small lawn mowers, it performs best on lawns that have not been left for weeks without cutting. Being so light-weight, manoeuvrable, and easy to clean, you are more likely to take this for a quick spin on a weekly basis anyway.
Good Points :
- Ease of use.
- Super light-weight lawn mower.
- You don’t lose power as the battery drains down, like you do with many other lawn mower batteries.
- It is ultra-quiet (see video above).
Not so good :
- Narrow cutting width, means you will have to do a few more lengths of your lawn.
Other things to be aware of :
- Be careful when pulling the mower backwards. The rear flap is quite big and could potentially get damaged.
If you would like to read some customer reviews, then try here.
We award the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 a review score of :
91 out of 100
If you would like to purchase the Recharge Mower PMLI-14, or see more information, then click on the Amazon link below.
We are constantly producing more lawn mower reviews. Please enter your email address in the box on the right to be notified of our future reviews.