Thank you for visiting our Toro e-cycler review. This mower is also known as the Toro 20360 e-cycler. This is not to be confused with Toro’s Recycler series of gas mowers.
The Toro e-cycler is a popular model of lawn mower that scored very well in consumer reports back in 2010. However, we wanted to see if its design and features stood up two years down the line against much tougher opposition.
Toro e-cycler – Product Details
You would expect the steel body of the mower to add to the weight, and although it obviously does they have obviously managed to reduce weight elsewhere to compensate.
The battery comes fully charged, as you would expect. And although you can get a 70% charge in about 3 hours, a fully recharged battery, from total depletion, will take more like 12 – 16 hours. LED indicators show when the battery is charged.
Even the best battery operated lawn mowers sometimes fall short when it comes to power. However, the e-cycler has more than enough power to fight even the toughest of grass conditions, and in that respect it is pretty comparable to a gas mower.
You get the option to mulch (the standard of which is very good) and there is a rear grass bag. Whilst the bag is not the best of its features, it is certainly functional.
- Full Descriptive Title : Toro 20360 e-Cycler 20-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- Model : 20360
- Power : 36 volt rechargeable battery
- Blade : Rotary
- Cutting Height : 1 inch to 4 inches
- Cutting Width : 20 inch
- Propulsion : Push Mower
- Start : Key and handle
- Grass Collection : Mulching or Bag Collection
- Wheel Size : Front – 7 inches / Rear – 8 inches
- Weight : 77 pounds
- Warranty : 2 years
Here’s the short (2 minute) video, so you can see the 20360 lawn mower in action :
Whilst we have seen some disgruntled customer reviews left for the Toro e-cycler, we think that some of them are a little unfair. In our view, most professionals would give this mower the big thumbs up.
Good Points :
- Great power for an electric lawn mower.
- Fantastic cut – Hacks through the toughest of grass conditions with ease.
- It’s mulching ability is first class.
- Nice chunky wheels help on rough terrain.
Areas for Improvement :
- The starting mechanism is a bit fiddly.
- Self-propel would make this an outstanding lawn mower.
- We don’t like the independent height adjusters on each wheel (okay, so we’re lazy).
Other things to be aware of :
- If you want the power of a gas mower, but don’t want the noise and mess of a gas mower, than the Toro e-cycler is the model you should seriously consider.
- In our view this is one of the best electric lawn mowers on the market.
- The battery cannot be taken out of the mower for recharging. You also need to remember that in the winter you would ideally keep the battery in your home – as opposed to out in the garden shed.
A selection of Toro e-cycler reviews can be seen here.
We award the Toro e-cycler a review score of :
88 out of 100
If you would like to purchase the e-cycler, or find out more information, then please click on the Amazon link below.
We are constantly producing more lawn mower reviews. Please enter your email address in the box on the right to be notified of our future reviews.